Femme


Lying in bed with my mp3 on and the rain falling outside.Doing my drama and SC. I read virtually anything, dabble in poems and mutter under my breath. Loves pretty earrings,reading fanfic, baking desserts and cats,fiery tempered and silently contemplative. Occasionally disorganised. And a firm believer that a little bit of whimsy always does us some good.

Exits
{alicia}
{aretha}
{crystal}
{denise}
{deserie}
{eugenia}
{eunice}
{grace cheah}
{heidi foo}
{imesha}
{jacinta}
{jia jia}
{keshia}
{kimmy}
{linus}
{mandy t.}
{mel gan}
{michelle chern}
{nadia}
{rach}
{sammeh}
{serene}
{share-a-lion}
{sharon}
{sherrie}
{soek khern}
{trishal}
{victoria}
{weizhen}


Gramophone



Leaderboard
Create your own Friend Test here


Extras


credits: shikin
Monday, May 22, 2006

it's over

PDPC's day in the sun ended today.

I know,right? It's so horribly sad. Will elaborate on this point later.

Anyway,got up around 5:20 to get ready, mousse my hair into place, etc, etc. When I arrived at school it was completely dark,'cept for the foyer,so Daryl and I were all WHOA. It's awesome seeing the school completely dark,no signs of life or anything. Just the two of us.

Soon people started coming and all,Si Cheng was late (as always) and blah di blah. Mr M. got us some hot Milo which I honestly didn't feel like drinking but did so anyway. Linus, being an idiot, wanted to give his to a kitten to drink. Then we got our mike stands and everything and hopped on our luxurious magic carpet and got to the Copthorne.

Which was like WHOA (again), so regal and everything. Put our stuff in this room called the Pelican Room (!) and had a warmup before we entered the ballroom. Plus a prayer. Must always pray before a performance/competition. All sorts of cool people were there...some really nice Nigerian delegates and there was an African lady with dreadlocks and a amazingly huge Briton, super,really.

The play....what can I say? It felt surreal. The audience laughed but then I guess they were too prejudiced to watch it and benefit from the anvil-sized hints we were whacking them with.

NOW comes the fun part. The tea reception. Went back to get my camera than we were running around the 4th floor taking pics. Stupidly enough I didn't bother to take any pastries >_< We got some of the girls,some of the guys,one of me punching Linus,a couple with a lady from SEAB and fantastically, one with the said Nigerian delegates! =) Will upload the pics later, once my Dad helps me with the thingummy since I' a technology dunce.

And now, the really sad part.

It wasn't so bad on the bus. We were quite cheerful, still basking in the praise, watched a bit of Band of Brothers (the van had a TV =). But when we got to KC.....during our break, we girls decided to say a closing prayer and that was when it hit me.

PDPC is over. Just Thursday left, and then PDPC will likely never run again. I'll have to say goodbye to so many absolutely fantastic people who I'm so glad I had the opportunity to meet, and that realization was....I was so, so, so, so so disappointed that the fun had ended. The ink used to print our dreams had run and our paper castle had just been ripped to shreds.

When the prayer ended I had tears streaming down my cheeks. I could feel each drop slowly coursing down and then landing on my bag.

Hence, when I got to the hall (Ronin was playing oO), I was still weepy and my eyes were really red and puffy. By no means a lovely sight.

Extra announcement: Student council results out on Thursday. The horror.

I wish I didn't have to let go.
I wish I didn't have to say goodbye.
I wish I didn't have to resume things as per normal.
I wish PDPC would just continue for as long as we want it to.

I'm going off to cry now.

Sophiesticated posted at 12:38 AM
{ 0 comments }

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home