Saturday, July 22, 2006
emo wrecckk
Sigh.Still feeling really emo after the SC meeting and PDPC's final run. Guess we have to get over it some time. Excos I <3 you always!
We-ell. Moving on. CHRONOLOGICALLY OF COURSE emo-ism hasn't messed up the order of the Sophiesticated.
WednesdayDay 1 of BMW yayayayayayay. Not much in the first half of the day, but that catloving woman named Sherilyn and I went down to see Ms Tan during the first after-recess-before-debate segment to talk about our costumes for Friday. The kebayas were really gorgeous. I WANT! heh. Anyway dressed that woman up in her baju panjang. Failed to restrain self from giggles/sniggers. Sorry Sherilyn. It was real funny ;)
Me: *stifles giggle*
Sherilyn: *glare*
Ms Tan: Sophie, if looks could kill, we'd have to arrange your funeral many times over.
Ms Tan: Where's the raffia?
Me: Oh, you mean to tie her up with? *evil grin* (and no, I'm not kidding, it was used to fasten the sarong)
Ms Tan: You're really enjoying this, aren't you?
Me: *evil grin + evil-finger-twitch-flex-thing*
SEE?
Then came the debate. PCK should be Prime Minister of Singapore! haha. Did the PM speech. Stupid policies took a bit too long to flesh out. We lost (aww) but never mind. It was overall very well received. good job people! And we got our revenge on Lai by pushing her onto the stage to receive her Best Speaker award =)
Now for the sad part. The last SC meeting under the Excos 2006.
It started off kinda normally then when they began sharing all their thoughts and experiences about beng our excos the tears started falling. I lasted until maybe Michelle Tan (or somewhere around her "speech") before the sniffles began. It was really sad. Sherilyn and Susan (;P) Yeo were all sniffling too. I mean, it's our first exco and everything....then we went round hugging everybody and crying and stupid Susan Yeo (kidding. love ya!) was like all "go away don't make me cry" before bursting into tears as well. =(
okay I'll say it again. EXCOS I <3 YOU!
and for next year's exco: you were great juniors. I'm sure you'll all be a great exco and just remember that we'll support you no matter what =) <3 you all too!
ThursdayFirst up was that environment thing. Really nonsense but good job 2/3! The volcano was damn hilarious.
OKAY. Then came the Spelling Bee. So urgh! Round one was stupid. I mean anyone with half a brain can spell "dessert". Then the killer. Guess what word I got.
MOGADISHU.
I bet you're all like ???? and yep I was. I mean, MOGADISHU! Of all the words, Mogadishu, capital of Somalia was the one I
had to get >= And you know what? The next word was "concierge" ! AAAARGH! I seriously wanted to stab myself or the person who came up with the list of words.
And my baby, Printed Dreams, Paper Castles.
It was such a relief to hear that we could get clip-ons. Well, except for Cheng and I, that is. It's still better than those horrible standing mikes, eeeeyer.
Hung around in the changing room (which I sense the guys were fascinated with, oO) before showtime. Rehearsed to ourselves, shushed the guys every five minutes. Gave them all their "goodbye and thanks" notes. Waited anxiously by the foot of the steps.
SHOWTIME! It went well although I was super worried that we wouldn't be able to hear our cue for "I want to be me" due to all of the applause. And there were gasps from the audience when I shouted "NO". I wonder why- I mean, anger isn't something alien, is it? Made it in the end though.
Shuffled downstairs to see the guys off. Took final photos by the steps of the foyer. Shook hands, said our farewells. Struggled to hold back the tears which seemed too ready to fall. (Ben later told me I looked really sad.Damn.)
Then one of the girls (can't remember who, I think it was Daryl) came up with the (insert sarcastic tone) brilliant idea of blowing them kisses as they drove off. So we (the girls) lined up next to that little stone bench), waited for the car to near us and then muah-ed stimultaneously at the car.
And that was it. PDPC was truly over.
We girls shuffled back up the stairs (me with rather red eyes) and sat in the stretch next to the gallery. I think I scared some of the Sec 5s who walked past 'cause I had this very lost/sad/emo look on my face. Well, I really did feel lost/sad/emo. Just sat back against a pillar and stared blankly at the upper windows of the gym.
i wish we'd have a chance again.FridayEmceeing for RHD! Met Sherilyn in the foyer, collected our barang, went backstage. I nearly lost my script, Sherilyn nearly lost her makeup bag. Haha. But we got dressed and ready and yup everything went okay =) Costume change, love my dress. Andrea told me I "looked pretty, just like a flower.")
WELL.The second half the day was a near nightmare. Cooped up in the hall for nearly 4 hours! (4 HOURS! oh, no-PDPC deja vu). Collective sigh of relief from the audience towards the end of prize-giving, speaking of which my darling 2/3 bagged a very substantial amount of loot =) GOOD JOB 2/3IANS!
now please pray for him.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home