Friday, December 08, 2006
moving in overdrive.
Konnichiwa, beeyotch! - KathyNational Schools Newspaper Competition-ah,heck,let's just call it the Nationals-was okay. I'm still feeling very accomplished over keeping awake for 30 hours. And despite what Rach said, I did NOT sleep. Just drifted in and out of semi-consciousness for about 10 mins. I was lucid enough to formulate coherent answers while at it so it doesn't count as sleeping (:
Met the group at Bedok Int in the morning, Rach's very nice parents gave us a lift to SPH. Got briefed and stuff and headed out to cover assignments.
I hate interviewees who have no mind of their own.
I hate boring press conferences with people who give textbook answers.
Came back around four, had tea with Sang and Rach and ate a
lot of cream puffs. Started working on my articles, wrote
a lot, ate a couple of bites of dinner before deciding that claustrophobia was setting in and went across the road to buy peanut butter biscuits from my good friend Julie. (eh,Johnnie has a friend!) Introduced the rest to the baked snow pea crisps, I know they sound disgusting but they are really tasty and probably a tad healthier than dehydrated potatoes.
Typed and edited until about 11plus or midnight, borrowed/stole Keshia's Ipod and did a crazy dance with Kathy. No pictures for that one. Kept on bouncing through the night,but strangely enough I have little idea of what I did from 2-5am. Save for the psycho photoshoot with Kathy in the lobby. I made good friends with my coat (:
Rushed the last bit of our layout in the morning and handed in. MRT-ed back with the rest. Came home and had seafood cup noodles,yes I know I must have 80000000mg of sodium in my blood now stop reminding me. Fell asleep after that and woke up at 7 plus for dinner. Felt strangely awake after that so I went online and IM-ed for a while and then went to bed.
Don't remember what happened on Wednesday. Am losing my memory.
Thursday, went Christmas gift shopping at long last. Bought presents for all save The Astrum. Got myself a chestnut boatneck and a scarf as well (: Went home, giftwrapped and went to bed.
Friday = the long awaited Councillors' Christmas Party (: Got to school and gave out the Santa hats. Ran through the ice breakers, started mumbling incoherently about Councillors' Flight SQ77 preparing for boarding, freaked a couple of people out. Ox painted my nails black for the
thing later. Smudged them a minute later though :/ Hehe. Klutz.
Got assigned to Group 3 as their shepherd- Crystal, Soek Khern, Serene, Shriveena and Leslie. A lovely bunch (: Started the race and saw them through until Civil War Memorial, made sure they were in the capable hands of Grace and Yougenius and left to prepare (:
Raced to Fernwood (10x= 57-12/3, ferns can be found in an eastern wood opposite a citrus planation.) Did a hurried change into Evil Elf costume and tried my hand at liquid eyeliner. Unfortunately I have rather unsteady hands and messed it up. Decided to just paint the entire eyelid and add a winged eyeline thing, thanks to the very capable makeup artists on hand (: Karimama came and got into the Santa suit.
CODE RED so we darted behind the whiteboard before making a mad dash to hide in the bathroom. Where we waited and hid in a shower stall for
half an hour. Nearly turned homicidal and my eyeliner wouldv'e melted if we didn't get out of there when Fern called us.
The "act" was well received and the gift exchange went well (: Thanks to the person who wrapped the black and silver Disney pouch, whoever you are. I really like it (: A bit of drama after that but we resolved it in the end.
Helped to barbeque the food, mainly butter and skewer things. I only ate 3 squid skewers,1 chicken satay and a slice of potato, plus some of the toasted marshmallows later. I don't think the other juniors managed to eat more than that, we were all so busy. But the sotong was really nice (:
More drama later. Settled it and debriefed everybody (group 3 came in third. WHEE. I'm proud of you all ), cleared up the function room after the rest and gave Fern a ride back.
Thanks to the excellent Fern and Sherilyn for doing such a
great job organising the whole thing. To my group for being wonderful even if I didn't guide you all the way and was rather annoying (if I say so myself =D) . To the rest of the juniors because we've all done a good job,Victoria and Jiajia for the very sweet notes, and Cheryl for all her laughs and helpful advice.
At the end of the day, I think things went well-at least, what we could control went overall very smoothly and was quite sucessful so that's good (: But at the same time it also made me see some things in a different light and realise exactly what sort of characters
certain people have.
(lots deleted)
I feel accomplished though, because I survived and ran around for 4½ hours in 3-inch wedges without any trouble (:
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home